Join our extraordinary
Senior UX Designer
Product Team | Perth
We are looking for an experienced and talented designer to optimise the UX for our online games using a combination of creative design and robust analysis.
This means you’ll be our UX subject matter expert, the owner of our UX development process, and responsible for developing the UX to support future product lines. You’ll also be doing research to help deliver new product designs, supply specifications and assets for our products and own the style guides for our products and brand.
We’d expect you to have:
– The drive to design delicious, easy to use graphic user interfaces that connect emotionally with the user.
– Great imagination.
– A degree in Interaction Design, New Media Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Human Factors/Ergonomics or related field.
– Minimum 5 years of professional design / user experience / UCD for online games, mobile apps which leverage emergent technologies, and mobile devices.
– Advanced user skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and associated design tools.
– Creativity on demand yet be objective and analytical in your analysis of your creations.
– Adaptable communication styles to suit different audiences.
– Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new products.
To complement our team culture, we are only looking for people who:
– Can solve problems, innovatively
– Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
– Learn quickly
– Have tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Choose jobs they enjoy
– Are not jerks
Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) is pioneering social sweepstake gaming, disrupting both the online social casino and poker markets, from offices in Perth, Sydney and Manila.
VGW is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our players. Couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible.
Sunny for 350-days of the year, it’s no wonder that Sydney and Perth frequently rank amongst the most liveable cities in the world.
We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in social gaming. But, we also have some big, hairy audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the family.
Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
To apply for the role:
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following:
– Your CV
– A covering email which tells us (1) the one top two attributes which make you a good match for the role and (2) the part of this role you think you’ll find most challenging