Join our extraordinary
Technology Team | Perth
We are looking for several people to join our international team of developers to produce online games and backend systems. We have a combination of greenfield and established products that need your expertise.We are an agile shop (in practice, not just in name) where you can choose your own tools and operating system (and hardware, within limits). We are a dynamic, friendly tech team who have fun at work. It will help if you’re kind of cool, but we can train you if you’re not.
We’d expect you to have the following attributes:
– if you can code when your internet connection is down, then you’re probably in our camp.
– We are looking for frontend developers (80%) with backend chops (20%) or backend developers (80%) with frontend skills(20%). (Actual percentages vary, but you get the idea.)
– You can grab a problem and own the hell out of it.
– People with a side hustle or an entrepreneurial streak are highly encouraged to apply.
– If you have a take no prisoners attitude, you’ll fit in here fine
To complement our VGW team culture, we are only looking for people who:
– Can solve problems, innovatively
– Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
– Learn quickly
– Have tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Choose jobs they enjoy
– Are not jerks
Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) is pioneering social sweepstake gaming, disrupting both the online social casino and poker markets, from offices in Perth, Sydney and Manila.
VGW is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our players. Couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible.
Sunny for 350-days of the year, it’s no wonder that Sydney and Perth frequently rank amongst the most liveable cities in the world.
We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in social gaming. But, we also have some big, hairy audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the family.
Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
To apply for the role:
Please send your application to email@example.com consisting of the following:
– Your CV
– A covering email which tells us (1) the one top two attributes which make you a good match for the role and (2) the part of this role you think you’ll find most challenging