Big Data Engineer
Data & Analytics Team | Perth
VGW is a (super) fast-growing social gaming company with about 200 employees, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our own boundaries and having fun in the process.
As a data engineer at VGW, your work will pave the way for our next-gen Analytics Architecture. Our next-gen analytics infrastructure will handle the huge amount of data generated from user clickstream and server data, and run machine learning models in batch and in real-time.
You’ll play an important role in defining this architecture, which may run on services like AWS Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, or on AWS EC2 machines using open-source tools like Snowplow, Apache Kafka, Spark, etc.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on rapidly growing amounts of data from online social gaming products including Poker, Blackjack and Slots. We’re collecting hundreds of millions of user events per month, and growing exponentially. To support that growth, we’re building out a real-time event-stream using Snowplow, Kinesis, S3, Lambda and Spark. We use Tableau to communicate insights and understand business performance.
You’ll help to answer questions and tackle problems in marketing and product development that will enable our business to continue to grow and provide a broad range of fun and engaging games.
We’re looking for someone who has
– Experience of building ETL Pipelines using languages such as Python or Scala and Data Orchestration tools such as Apache AirFlow
– RDBMS and SQL skills, particularly Amazon Redshift
– Worked with Big Data and distributed architectures
– Worked with RESTful APIs (Facebook Ads API, Google AdWords are important to us)
– An interest in machine learning algorithms and statistics
– Worked in Git and JIRA
– A general understanding of analytics and machine learning
Some other things we offer:
– Opportunity to work with other top-notch talent
– Opportunity to develop and progress quickly
– Ample training opportunities in cloud/big data tech
– A fast-paced, friendly and fun working environment
– Work from home Fridays. Drinks, PS4 and retro-gaming Thursdays.
– And no suits (unless you want to)
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, apply now. We’ll be in touch soon.