Join our extraordinary
Data & Analytics Team | Perth
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic data engineer to join our Data and Analytics team. You’ll work on challenging analytical problems with other smart and motivated people using the technologies of your choice. In team that’s grown from 1 to 4 people in under 12 months, it’s a great opportunity to shape the direction of analytics and data science in a fast-growing Perth team.
Our current analytics stack includes a growing AWS Redshift data warehouse feeding Tableau for reporting. Our next-gen analytics infrastructure will handle the huge amount of data generated from user clickstream and server data, and run machine learning models in batch and in real-time. You’ll play a central role in defining this architecture, which may run on services like AWS Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, or on AWS EC2 machines using Apache Kafka, Spark, etc.
Experience with the following will also help:
– Python, Scala, R programming
– RDBMS skills, particularly Amazon Redshift
– Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
– Working with RESTful APIs (Facebook Ads API, Google AdWords are important to us)
– Working in Git, GitHub and JIRA
– Distributed systems on Amazon Web Services
– Interest in machine learning algorithms
– General understanding of analytics
Extensive experience in the above is not a pre-requisite – we’re looking for talented people with a will to learn, and a passion for data, analytics and data science.
We’d love to hear about any cool projects you’ve worked on at uni, for work or at home – whether it’s a weekend hack-a-thon, a competition like Kaggle, an open-source contribution on GitHub, or Q&A on Stack Overflow and Quora.
To complement our VGW team culture, we are only looking for people who:
– Can solve problems, innovatively
– Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
– Learn quickly
– Have tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Choose jobs they enjoy
– Are not jerks
Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) is pioneering social sweepstake gaming, disrupting both the online social casino and poker markets, from offices in Perth, Sydney and Manila.
VGW is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our players. Couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible.
Sunny for 350-days of the year, it’s no wonder that Sydney and Perth frequently rank amongst the most liveable cities in the world.
We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in social gaming. But, we also have some big, hairy audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the family.
Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
To apply for the role:
Please send your application to email@example.com consisting of the following:
– Your CV
– A covering email which tells us (1) the one top two attributes which make you a good match for the role and (2) share a cool side project you’re working on!