Big Data Engineer
Data & Analytics Team | Perth
VGW is a (super) fast-growing social gaming company with about 200 employees, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our own boundaries and having fun in the process.
We need a junior data engineer to join our Data and Analytics team to build cutting-edge data products using open-source and AWS serverless big data tech for our online casino and online poker businesses.
As a junior data engineer, you’ll work on a variety of fun things:
– Enhance and expand our growing data lake and warehouse (eg AWS Glue, Redshift)
– Store and process massive data sets in AWS (eg S3, Redshift, Spark, EMR, Airflow)
– Process data and run models in near-realtime (eg AWS Kinesis, API Gateway, Lambda)
– Tools to make analytics just work for our end-users (eg Slackbot that gives us the right insights at the right time)
We’re looking for someone who has:
– Great coding skills i.e. you write clean, readable, efficient code. Python experience is helpful (it’s our weapon of choice), but not a requirement.
– A passion for big data, analytics, data science and machine learning. Bonus points if you’ve done any side-projects, Coursera courses, work experience, etc.
– Above all else… we’re looking for smart and motivated people with a drive to learn/apply new concepts in a fast-paced environment
Some other things we offer:
– Opportunity to work with other top-notch talent
– Opportunity to develop and progress quickly
– Ample training opportunities in cloud/big data tech
– A fast-paced, friendly and fun working environment
– Work from home Fridays. Drinks, PS4 and retro-gaming Thursdays.
– And no suits (unless you want to)
If you’re looking for a position where you’ll be challenged, work on interesting stuff and get to learn from some very talented people, we might have just the job for you…
Apply now. We’ll be in touch soon.